kdevelop speed drop

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 06:51:15 BST 2001

Roland Krause wrote:

> Falk,
> after we talked on IRC I started real testing. There are lots of
> problems w/this fix. Windows that get focus dont get real focus from
> the program, the results is that I can only search in a view that
> initially has focus, when I focus another view, keyboard accelerators
> are not available neither are menu functions, so there is not undo and
> stuff. After a while KDevelop crashes.
Sch*iße. :-(

But it's definitely the reason for the slowdown (I think jbb just forgot
to call 'make install' ;). It takes quite a long time to compute all the
stuff you wrote about above, that's why the delay on a flood of focus
changes like when wandering through the mainmenu. Fortunately, my bad
commit was _after_ the alpha2 tag of KDE.
I've converted it back in CVS and will try to prevent slot_gotFocus
already in QextMDI _before_ we are pending in a focus change where an
escape is fatal. Clear? ..anyway. ;-)

Cheers,
F at lk