kdevelop speed drop

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 06:48:31 BST 2001

Hi,

Marcus Gruendler wrote:

> These slow downs only occur when the editor view is selected.
I suppose I know what the whole problem with the speed drop is.
Qt triggers a redraw with every FocusIn/Out event of a popup menu.

Yesterday, I noticed that problem in another application as well (there
were some flicker effects in the view when I moved through the main
menubar. Not slow because of a 900MHz CPU there but the flickering can
be noticed).

The slowdown in KDevelop should happen because of the redraw of the
KWrite-view.
I think we must prevent the redraw in that case.

Ciao,
F at lk