kdevelop speed drop

Juergen Suessmaier juergen at suessmaier.de
Wed May 16 20:16:19 BST 2001

Hi,

> Falk, this sounds very much like my Solaris problem.
> Except that I have heaviest network load *all the time*.
hm, I didn't watch the network traffic at that time but I can't imagine
that this happens here as I didn't experience any abnormalities in
connections to the local (three machines) net. However, my home dir
and the projects directory I'm working in with KDevelop reside on
the server (imported via NFS). I'll take a look at the network load
next time the problem shows up.

> Juergen, to debug this you could run in the debugger and either
> manually interrupt or put a breakpoint in slotSwitchToFile.
I first need to recompile KDevelop with debugging turned on. Where's this
slot located? I've never worked with KDevelop sources but I know they're
huge... :-) Until then, will a 'strace' output be helpful for you guys?

Best regards,
Juergen
J. Süßmaier Systementwicklungen
Jürgen Süßmaier
juergen at suessmaier.de                       Realtime Software Development
Katharina Geisler Str. 14                       Embedded Applications
D-85356 Freising                                     Automation
Germany