Debugging Konqueror in KDevelop

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 08:16:57 BST 2001

Hi David,

David Joham wrote:

> I imported the KDELibs/khtml/ecma files into KDevelop
> When I just hit the debug button, I get the following message:
>
> gdb message:
> ./ecma: no such file or directory
A binary name equal to the project name is the default in KDevelop's
custom project type.
Please, go to Project->Options->Binary and set the right name of your
binary you want to start or debug.

> but all that did was crash
> Konqi
We are innocent! ;-)

> gdb message:
> (gdb) (gdb) ./konqueror: no such file or directory
>
> I went back into Project->Options binary section and found that my
> "konqueror" had been replaced with "./konqueror".
If you just type a filename _without_ a leading slash, KDevelop assumes
you mean a relative path. The path is relative to the appropriate
project directory.

> Thanks in advance!
> David
Hope that helps,
F at lk

P.S.: If you still have problems, don't hesitate to subscribe to
kdevelop at kdevelop.org