Alternate editor in Kdevelop

john.janmaat at acadiau.ca john.janmaat at acadiau.ca
Wed Mar 28 17:32:45 BST 2001

Hello All,

I am just getting started using Kdevelop, having previously done most of
my C++ programming outside an IDE.  Back then, I grew quite fond of the
fte text editor.  Is there any way to replace the default editor with
fte or kfte?

Alternatively, does the default editor offer intelligent indenting
(tracking braces, brackets, etc. and setting the indent level
automatically)?  This feature of fte has saved me many hours that would
have been wasted making sure that code blocks are arranged properly.
Perhaps I just don't know how to turn it on.

Thanks,

John.