QT and KDE2 headers

S. Kruit baskruit at bsltwr.dnsalias.org
Fri Mar 16 21:11:32 GMT 2001

On Friday 16 March 2001 21:19, you wrote:

> hello,
> I just installed KDevelop1.4 ... but when I'm running the wizard to create
> a new project..
> QT application .... it creates the the scheleton for the application but I
> get an error...
> when I'm compiling ... the QT header files are not found...
> I have QT2.2.4 .. installed in  /usr/local/qt ... and I'm running
> FreeBSD4.2 ...
> I get the same error tring to compile a KDE application...

I've run into the same problem after installing qt and kdevelop. I've been
tinkering with the files in the admin dir, created by the wizard for a kde
app. After some testing I altered/extended some checks in acinclude.m4.in.

I don't know if this is the correct place to make these changes, due to not
having much experience with autoconf and automake. I thought it the obvious
place to include support for a system different from linux, where most
development for kde is done.

I'm running 4.2 stable and have used the kde2 and kdevelop ports to install
kde2, qt and kdevelop. Before sending my changes into the world, I want to
test them a bit more and think about a way to check for the right things.

You can have a look at the changes I've made at
http://bsltwr.dnsalias.org/~bas/kdev/

Bas