how to turn off -fno-exceptions in kdevelop

Wayne Innes wayne at idx.com.au
Tue Mar 13 07:52:22 GMT 2001

On Monday 12 March 2001 14:53, you wrote:

Stephen wrote

> It adds -O2 when no --enable-debug is given as -O2 is harmless when you
> don't
> want debugging. If you waht to 100% control the CXXFLAGS, add it right
> to the
> Makefile.am. ANd there is also NOOPT_CXXFLAGS
>
> CXXFLAGS = $(NOOPT_CXXFLAGS)
>
> Greetings, Stephan

Yes but if I do that it defeats the purpose of having the compiler options
and compiler warning screens in the project options screen.  What appears on
these screens bears no resemble to what appears on the command line.

When I make a distribution, with no optimization I get this :-

 g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt-2.2.4/include
 -I/usr/X11R6/include    -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -Wall -pedantic -W
 -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wno-long-long
 -Wnon-virtual-dtor -fno-builtin  -c setthedate.cpp

when I have selected no optimizations.  Where I would have expected to get

 g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt-2.2.4/include
 -I/usr/X11R6/include   -Wall -O0 -c setthedate.cpp

Whats the point of having all the options screens when they don't reflect
what is actually happening ?.

Its important to have control what the compiler is going to do from within
the IDE, if we have to go editing Makefile.am etc we might as well not use it.

Rolf said "This setting is from the /admin dir the templates use as well as
all of  KDE does.".

This seems to imply that its for KDE apps. The app I am writing is a QT app.
I am sure that lots of people will also be writing apps that aren't KDE apps.