Newbie setup Q for KDevelop

WJuergens at t-online.de WJuergens at t-online.de
Wed Mar 7 10:22:00 GMT 2001

> Can ANYONE offer any info on what might be up?

How do you start KDE ? With graphical login ?
Most distributions I know did not have all the necessary PATH
informations if you start from kdm/gdm/xdm. The reason is that your .bash_profile
and .bashrc never executed when you start from graphical login. If you
start with startx all should be ok.
If kdoc is running, as you have said, from konsole that could be the
reason.
Put all the necessary PATH in /etc/profile and kdoc should work even
from graphical login. At least on my Linux box(RH6.2) it works in this
way.

HTH
Wolf
--
Registered Linux user #37136 - GnuPG 1.04 Key-ID: 5E2A6678
fingerprint: A9A8 1E85 1334 38F2 1EDC  1DEF ADFE 12B2 5E2A 6678