KDevelop Roadmap 2001

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 00:36:58 GMT 2001

Ralf,

--- Ralf Nolden <nolden at kde.org> wrote:

> Thanks Roland,
>
> I've read over your mails since you started contributing and I first
> thought you were ranting a bit, but I am *very* pleasantly surprised
> with your efforts and I'd like to welcome you in the name of all core
> developers that you want to join in.

Thank you very much. Yes, I tend to rant a bit. I will try to keep it
under control. I am a fairly impatient person. This does in general not
 go too well w/ free software development since things usually take
some time.

> I think your goals will require
> you
> to have CVS access sooner or later but that depends on how much
> you're
> going into it. In any case, if you really feel that is needed please
> contact stephan Kulow (coolo at kde.org) for CVS write access.

Ok, I would in the beginning prefer to send patches. That way the
changes stay small and things dont get out of hand (right away).

> The second thing is about glimpse. I liked glimpse years back when we
> had that as the first solution. The reason it isn't that much
> supported
> is that it isn't free for non-commercial use and thus not shipped
> with
> distributions any more. We're spreading the most of our code through
> the
> linux distributions, so this is kind of contraproductive to require
> the
> user to get a glimpse license or however that works to hassle with
> their
> system. If you put that in place however, I would say do that as the
> last thing on your task list and make it optional and not the
> default.

Sounds reasonable. I completely forgot about the non-free aspects of
glimpse, too bad. I dont know much about whether htdig can/should
really be used. I'll investigate this a bit later on.

Regards
Roland

=====
Roland Krause