documentation search.

Sheldon Lee-Wen sheldonl at nortelnetworks.com
Mon Mar 5 17:13:55 GMT 2001

Hi,

  I have kdevelop 1.4 installed with KDE2.1 on a RH7 box. My problem is
that when I go to search the documentation it tells me that I need to have htsearch
or glimpse installed, but I have htdig installed. (Are they not part of the same
package.) All of the install is done by RPM, no source.

Also, when I go to generate the documentation index, under options->kdevelop setup->documentation
create search database. I get the following usage in the messages window:
 ht://dig Start Time: Mon Mar  5 12:12:51 2001
htdig: Unable to find configuration file '-'

htmerge: option requires an argument -- c
usage: htmerge [-v][-d][-w][-c configfile][-m merge_configfile]
This program is part of ht://Dig 3.2.0b2

        -v      Verbose mode.  This increases the verbosity of the
                program.  Using more than 2 is probably only useful
                for debugging purposes.  The default verbose mode
                gives a progress on what it is doing and where it is.

        -d      Do NOT merge the document database.

        -w      Do NOT merge the word database.

        -m merge_configfile
                Merge the databases specified into the databases specified
                by -c or the default.

        -c configfile
                Use the specified configuration file instead on the
                default.

        -a      Use alternate work files.
                Tells htmerge to append .work to database files causing
                a second copy of the database to be built.  This allows
                original files to be used by htsearch during the indexing
                run.

*** success ***

How do I resolve this?

Then I need to get the manpages and docs for glibc online :)

Thank you in advance.

Sheldon