Bug in kdevelop 1.4

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Mar 4 13:31:02 GMT 2001

Anand Singh Bisen wrote:

> Hi
>
> This is first time i am submitting a bug so i actually dont know what are the methods .... apology
No reason for apologies :-) that's the way it goes here.

> Actually i downloaded  kdevelop 1.4 with kde 2.1 ! i am using SuSE 7.0.  When i create my c++ console project and enter all the vital informations (withought cvs support) and press create..... an error comes after automake..  I have confirmaed this error with some other users at #kde (the problem persists) and everything works fine if i make a c or qt or kde app(project).

Yes, this is a known issue due to a packaging error by Adrian from SuSE.
I've discussed the packaging the night he did that on IRC but obviously
something went wrong and he took a tarball that was three days older
than the one he should have taken. I will talk to Klaas Freitag from
SuSE on monday to build new rpm's for SuSE that are correct. I will give
you guys an update. For the time being, I suggest you install KDevelop
1.2 from the distro's CD's (1.3 for SuSE 7.1) and create your c++
terminal framework with that, then work with 1.4 on it.

Ralf

--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org