Searching in documentation with htdig (ht://Dig) produces the error'htsearch detected an error'

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Fri Mar 2 16:33:02 GMT 2001

Moritz Franosch wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use kdevelop 1.4 of KDE 2.1 (compiled from sources on SuSE 7.1).
>
> Searching in the documentation with htdig does not work here (htdig
> reports an error). Htdig version is 3.1.5.

Moritz,

please do the following:

-install kdevelop 1.3 from your distro
-copy over the files in /opt/kde/share/apps/kdevelop to
/opt/kde2/share/apps/kdevelop.
That includes the htdig.conf file you need. Then update your
documentation index with the kdevelop setup and you can use htdig to
search as usual. The precompiled package (although having not the latest
fixes that should have gone in, Adrian didn't make it unfortunately)
includes that by default, but you're fine with copying over the files as
well.

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org