How do you respond to a prompt for user input when in debugger mo de?

Tim Straight tim.straight at ocsblount.com
Wed Jun 13 19:10:25 BST 2001

This is probably a very basic question but I'm stuck.
I am relatively new to Kdevelop and I started on version
1.0.  I recently upgraded to 1.4 but now when I step through
a program in debug mode and I come to a point where user input is needed,
the terminal window does not appear with the prompt for user
input. As a result I can go no further.  When the program is run in
regular mode, everything happens as expected.
I would appreciate any help offered.