support for lex and yacc question

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Jul 16 20:41:40 BST 2001

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Wolf-Ruediger Juergens wrote:

> Hi,
> I've started a project using Kdevelop-1.4 under Debian potato.
> The project is derived from the C-Terminal template. Then i add a .l
> and a .y file to the project. Building the project fails with the
> following error output:
> automake: mgl/Makefile.am: lex source seen but `LEX' not defined in
> `configure.in'
> automake: mgl/Makefile.am: lex source seen but `AC_DECL_YYTEXT' not in
> `configure.in'
> automake: mgl/Makefile.am: yacc source seen but `YACC' not defined in
> `configure.in'
>
> How can I add support for lex and yacc to my project ?

Put AM_PROG_LEX and AC_PROG_YACC into your configure.in (or
configure.in.in, if you have that).

> I know how to do it with a Makefile, but have no glue how to make it
> using kdevelop project templates.
> Can you point me in the right direction please ? A link to a RTFM or
> other documentation is ok for me.

For such cases, the autoconf and automake documentation is actually
not too bad. Just type 'info automake', 'i' to activate index search
and search for 'lex'. That's one of the things where a console program
is still superior to khelpcenter :-)

Bernd.