Xlib extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Jul 16 08:09:28 BST 2001

> Sonic & Knuckles wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> First of all, I am using  this mailing list as the KDevelop Phorum is
> not functioning for me (and for that matter neither was the online
> subscription for the mailing list).  If this message is an incorrect
> use of the mailing list please tell me and I will unsubscribe.
>
> I have been using KDevelop for about a month now, I had some serious
> installation problems to begin with, but they were all eventually
> sorted out. But ever since I got KDevelop working I have been getting
> the following message:
>
> Xlib extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
As the others already stated, it's a problem of your specific video
drivers. The RENDER extension has to be implemented
for each driver seperately, so there's a bunch of cards that support it
already and some don't. I got around it during spring
to use the XFree CVS for my savage and SuSE usually updates the drivers
with new releases of the same XFree package in rpm's even between
releases of XFree. So updating to 4.1.0 may help you to get Antialiased
fonts working on your driver already (It's really worth it :))

> I get this message whenever I execute one of the "not-very-complex"
> programs that I have written. The programs all function correctly, but
> the message is starting to get more annoying than anything else. I
> have also noticed that I also get this error with Python programs
> created with a binding set called PyQt.
>
> Does anyone know why I am getting the Xlib message and/or a way that I
> may be able to get rid of it?
>
> Also I would like to know if any work is being done with KDevelop to
> allow for the creation of Python programs using PyQt/PyKDE. I think
> KDevelop is a great IDE, and that would make it just so much better.
>
> If anyone can help here is a big THANKYOU in advance.

If you wish to participate especially on the python bindings/python
programming in gideon, please subscribe to kdevelop-devel and get the
CVS sources from HEAD which contains this version. You may also be
interested in helping to support emacs and vi as an editor component :)
Just speak up on that list if you wish to help with code. That counts
for all the others as well :))

Cheers,

Ralf
Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org