bugs in template "KDE2 Normal"

Pascal A. Niklaus Pascal.Niklaus at gmx.ch
Sun Jul 15 01:47:13 BST 2001

There were two more bugs in the project templates of KDevelop 1.4.1:

- QT Application:  The user application object is never destroyed, which is
a nuisance if there is important cleanup code in the destructor...
	The following fix will do it...

	 QApplication a(argc, argv);
	a.setFont(QFont("helvetica", 12));

	QSomeApp *qsomeapp=new QSomeApp();
	a.setMainWidget(qsomeapp);

	qfit->show();

	int result = a.exec();

	delete  qsomeapp;				// <== important !!!
	return result;

- KDE Applications (both SDI and MDI):  This bug was more annoying and
cause crashed from time to time... in the close/quit functions (canClose ?
I can't remember exactly), the application framework tried to display a
message in the status bar which no longer existed ("Ready.") because it had
already been closed.

I'm not sure whether these bugs are still in KDev2.0 because I've not had
the time to install KDE2.2, but it would be too bad if they were in the
final release...

Pascal