flex rules

christopher j bottaro christopher.bottaro at pervasive.com
Tue Jan 30 23:05:09 GMT 2001

hello,

which file are the flex rules and actions defined in for the classparser?
i'm trying to learn how the classparser works and i guess the whole flex
thing is causing me the most confusion.  so far i've gathered from reading
the flex manual and looking at the classparser source that to use flex, you
make a file full of rules and actions, you run flex on it to produce a
yy.lex.c file which has a class in it that you can use in your souce code to
read an input file and examine tokens?  is this right, or am i totally off?
i've been putting off my automata theory class (in which we study this kinda
stuff), so i have no experience with lexical analyzers yet...but i'd like to
learn...just gotta get my foot in the door first!

thanks for the help,
christopher