linking to static libraries

Werner Modenbach modenbach at alc.de
Mon Jan 29 10:57:25 GMT 2001

christopher j bottaro wrote / christopher j bottaro schrieb:
> thanks.  i put in linker options "additional flags" the absolute path to
> the dir where libiodbc.a resides and it works.  but is there anyway to give
> KDevelop a relative path to libraries i want to link to?  i.e. relative to
> the top level dir of my project?  cuz if not, how will it compile on other
> machines if it is using an absolute path specific to my machine?

Hi Christoper,

inside your projectpath you can assign relative paths.
I.e. if your modules building the lib reside in subdir "libdir" of your
source tree you can give the additional flag "-Llibdir" and the subdir should
be searcher for the libs.

- Werner -

                    ALC Computertechnik GmbH

        \_       \_          \_\_\_     Kaiserstr. 100
       \_\_      \_        \_           D-52134 Herzogenrath
      \_  \_     \_        \_           Germany
     \_\_\_\_    \_        \_           Fon +49 2407 95810
    \_      \_   \_        \_           Fax +49 2407 958139
   Werner Modenbach                     modenbach at alc.de