linking to static libraries

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Jan 29 09:52:11 GMT 2001

Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> Hi
>
>   As I said earlier, only solution I can imagine is to ask user to specify using configure option. Mention this in readme.
>
> I think somebody(Sorry I lost the thread) posted that they are working on adding a GUI so that developer can add additional configure checks like ncurses etc.
>
> That may help you, but then you need to wait..

We really need someone to take care of that and write an
automake/autoconf plugin for KDevelop (HEAD version). Shouldn´t be too
difficult as /admin contains stuff and kdevelop itself, at least in
HEAD, has a kdevelop.m4 file that contains some checks and shows how to
integrate own checks when using /admin. If someone is interested,
everyone is free to apply for this job to get that going. We have
currently so much to do to work on KDE issues that our time does not
allow to do that quickly, so we rely on you guys to participate ;-)

Any volunteers ?

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org