Another CVS question

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu Jan 4 15:26:12 GMT 2001

mh wrote:

> Hi,
> a while ago, I've reported a problem with enabled CVS support in
> KDevelop1.2; KDevelop was always looking for Makefile.cvs, which was
> obviously not there. (solved with help from J. Birch)
>
> At the moment I'm using KDevelop 1.3beta (I know it's not the latest release:),
> and now I have a new problem:
>
> When I make a distribution, this results in a tarball which won't compile
> without doing a make -f Makefile.cvs, otherwise the moc files are not
> generated. KDevelop also puts the Makefile.cvs in the distribution, which
> probably doesn't make much sense.
> Since I'm a little tired of updating & recompiling, I'd like to know, whether
> this is a known problem in 1.3beta or (if not) what I can do.
>
> BTW the documentation on this topic is pretty weak
>
> Thanks in advance for any comments
>
> Michael
Michael,

You should update to 1.3 definetly because the KDE 2 templates have been
changed to use the admin dir which is also updated in that version plus
packed in a tarball called admin.tar.gz, placed in
KDEDIR/share/apps/kdevelop/templates. You can pull down kde-common from
CVS which contains the original admin dir, replace your one in the
project with that one. If you have problems with that please report
those to coolo at kde.org, he does the admin stuff on KDE.

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org