Looking for parties interested in implementing emacs style auto-indent into kdevelop.

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Wed Jan 3 19:34:33 GMT 2001

On Thu, 04 Jan 2001 08:06, Brian Wagener wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been using kdevelop for a while now, and think it is great,
> though my source code is not beatifully indented like it should, and it
> is a pain when you change the indenting.  So what I would like is the
> feature of emacs like auto-indenting, I have talked to a few others, and
> they would also like to see this.  I have been told that kdevelop uses
> kwrite as its editor, and I have been emailing the maintainer of kwrite
> for a few months now to no avail.  So I have decided to go at this my
> self.  I have started a project on sourceforge at:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/kwritepp/  I am looking for some help
> on this venture, and could use some C/C++ coders and maybe someone that
> knows lisp so we can read the emacs code.
> Well let me know.
> Brian Wagener

Sounds good.

But bear in mind that kdevelop2.0 is (will) use the KParts interface so that
users can swap editors. Currently only kwrite exists as a kpart but kvim is
being written.

The editor interface also needs extending for IDE's (particularly in relation
to the debugger) so we currently have a temporary interface within the
kdevelop2 project.

Also note that we don't want to continue any further with kdevelop1.x series
(1.4 should be the last). We need to move on to kdevelop2.0.

jbb