requirements for creating KDE API docs ?

Thomas Eschenbacher Thomas.Eschenbacher at gmx.de
Sun Feb 25 22:29:35 GMT 2001

Hello,

can anybody tell me what exactly is needed to successfully create KDE
library docs?

"kdevelop -setup" silently fails in creating the docu from my unpacked
kdelibs-2.1-beta2.tar.bz2 and doesn't give any visible hint that it has
not made anything. It just goes on to the stage of indexing...

( Hint to the developers:
  what about showing a message to the user?
  and what about checking return values? )

After I started kdevelop from console, I found the following debug
message:
qt2kdoc: --url=file:/usr/lib/qt2/doc/html/: unknown option.
qt2kdoc: Creates a kdoc reference file from Qt classes.html.

usage:
        qt2kdoc [-u<URL>] [-o<dest>] <path-to-classes.html>
/bin/bash: makekdedoc: command not found

hmm... seems that it doesn't like my qt2kdoc? And where is makekdoc
supposed to come from?

I have the following on my system:
- kdesdk-2.1.beta2-0 ( seems not to be used )
- kdoc-1.14-238      ( does not work ? )

What is wrong about that?

Why isn't there a list that says which packets in which versions are
required?

bye,
  Thomas.