Wish: Conditional view of #ifdef-#endif parts

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Fri Feb 23 13:12:02 GMT 2001

First of all: kdevelop is GREAT, thank you!!!

What I would really like to be included is to be able to
hide #if (#ifdef)...  #endif  parts depending on the condition or by
mouse-click. That's not a very new idea of course. But helpful...

In the end it should be possible to view the programm, as it shows itself
to the compiler after the #if-#else-#endif parts have be pre-processed.

But even to have this just for #ifdef COND-VAR   would be a great start,
because many files are quite unreadable, because several trees of development
are put into one file. Since evaluation of the COND-VAR could be tricky,
it would be enough to just have a small window for switching on/off for
a start. Or even just the possibily to hide #if or #else branches by
mouseclicks.

Is this possible? Or is perhaps even someone working on this already?
I would LOVE to beta-test :-)

Christoph
P.S. I'm not on the list, please answer to my From:-address, too.

*****************************
Original source:

#ifdef __HUGEMACHINE__
#define LONG int