Can the C/C++ ref. be built with QT>2?

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Tue Feb 20 10:34:41 GMT 2001

Avi Schwartz wrote:

> That is what I did to begin with but I got the error.  Now I have the
> documentation installed but I had to modify configure first.
>
> The following lines in the configure script where the problem:
>
> if test -z "1"; then
>   kde_qtver=2
> else
>   kde_qtver=1
> fi
>
> I have no idea why these lines are there.  I commented all but the line
> that says kde_qtver=2 and everything worked.

The c_cpp_reference-1.0.tar.gz was designed only for KDE 1.x usage.
Now I've made a package which allows to be installed on both versions.
ftp://ftp.ee.fhm.edu/pub/unix/ide/KDevelop/c_cpp_reference-2.0.tar.gz

It can be used for KDE 2.x (default) or for KDE 1.x by invoking:
./configure --with-kde-version=1

Remember:
if KDE 2.x isn't your primary KDE installation you have also to give
--prefix= and --with-qt-dir= to ./configure

> Another thing that I don't understand is why the configure script runs
> all these tests.  It looks to me that all that is needed is to find the
> location of the kde installation in order to copy the html and example
> files there.  Nothing is compiled here...

That's why KDE 1.x uses library calls to get all the KDE pathes.
So to be compatible with other configuration it has to check all this
stuff to determine the KDE 1.x pathes.

> Avi

Ciao

Walter

oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)
:-------W. Tasin, FB 04,
FHM-------------------PGP-KeyID:0x7961A645----------:
<Key-Fingerprint: 1610 835F 0080 32F4 6140  6CF7 A7D0 44CD 7961A645>
<http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&search=0x7961A645&fingerprint=on>