projects, workspaces etc.

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Wed Feb 14 00:05:06 GMT 2001

Roland Krause wrote:

> I have an existing project. It is very large. I can not change its
> directory structure but would at least like kdevelop's browsing and
> edit facilities as well as the class parser.
>
> It took months to get a decent M$-Studio project. I want to see whether
> kdevelop is up to the job.
>
> Is there a possibility to work with an existing project but to leave
> all the files exactly where they are. Currently kdevelop-1.4 says:
> "Cant import project into an existing directory"
> Is there a way around this (I can hack the code btw.).
>
> Is there a way to organize an existing project into subprojects, as
> e.g.
> M$-Studio does with workspaces and projects?

Roland, very easy to at least use the classviewer.
Just do in 1.4: generate project file from the project menu, select the
directory of your project and press ok, then the project file will be
build there and the project loaded. In KDE for example to get around
mixing code from apps in the classbrowser, I do this for e.g. kword,
kpresenter etc. each one seperately so I can load whatever I want. It´s
fast so it comes at least close to workspaces although I know it doesn´t
replace good workspaces.

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org