i18n and gui issues

Stephan Johach lucardus at onlinehome.de
Sat Feb 10 18:45:10 GMT 2001

Hi,

I'm working with Stefan Winter on the german translation of KDevelop.

There are some issues.

1. The string "Header" is used on at least two places with complete
different context (Printing and Class Generator). Please provide some
context info in the po file because at least in german I would prefer
two different translations ("Seitenkopf" for printing and "Header"
for the C Header File).

2. There are many redundant strings in some dialogs. Especially he
configuration dialog for enscript shows many strings with "Header"
but most of this strings are obviously redundant. Please change the
gui of these dialogs to reduce the number of unneccesarry strings in
a future version (2.0).

3. What ist the meaning of "Toggle old" in the Selection options for
kwrite?

3. The setup dialog has many strings which are formatted with spaces.
:((

And at least on my machine the Installation Intro is only partial
readable due to a huge font and an non scrollable textwindow. Please
consider this is the first impression a new user will get when he
starts the setup for KDevelop. Bad GUI design I think.

But after all KDevelop is a Masterpiece. :))

Regards,
Stephan

--
Das Verhalten von Gates hatte mir bewiesen, dass ich auf ihn und
seine beiden Gefährten nicht rechnen durfte.