KDevelop 1.3: where is ksgml2html?

Matthew D. Langston langston at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Fri Feb 2 21:44:16 GMT 2001

Here is some potentially pertinent information about my KDE and KDevelop
installation:

Qt 2.2.2 and 1.44
KDE 2.0.1 and 1.1.2
KDevelop 1.3
RH 6.1 Intel
gcc 2.95.2

NOTE: I am using the KDevelop 1.3 binary that I downloaded from the
      KDevelop web site at
      ftp://ftp.kdevelop.org/pub/kdevelop/kdevelop-1.3-linux-i386.tar.bz2.

My problem is getting started with writing the user manual for my
project by clinking on "Project -> Make User-Manual..." in Kdevelop.
The problem is that I don't have sgml2html or ksgml2html installed on my
system, and I can't seem to find it anywhere on the net, although I see
several references to ksgml2html in the "The User Manual to KDevelop"
and on various pages of the KDE web sites.

When I started kdevelop 1.3 for the first time just after installing it,
it scanned for a list of programs/tools that it could make use of.  It
couldn't find "sgml2html".  The error message was:

sgml2html not found. -- generating application handbooks will not be possible.

So, my question is, where do I get the ksgml2html program?

I think I have installed everything that "The User Manual to KDevelop"
(in chapter 2.2, "Requirements") says I should have.  Specifically,
under the section "Optional" it says I should install sgmltools-1.0 and
kdesdk (which apparently is supposed to have the ksgml2html program).

The KDevelop manual pointed me to http://www.sgmltools.org for
sgmltools-1.0, but that was just a link to a SourceForge project that
provides something called sgmltools-lite-3.0.2 (which I installed).

The KDevelop manual also suggested that kdesdk would have the ksgml2html
program, so I checked out, built and installed kdesdk from the KDE CVS
repository, but it didn't have the ksgml2html tool either.

Can you help me find the ksgml2html program please?  Thank you :-)

Regards, Matt

--
Matthew D. Langston
SLD, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center