Syntax errors in include files

Peter Schmitteckert peter at schmitteckert.com
Thu Feb 1 08:19:54 GMT 2001

Hello,

> On Tuesday 30 January 2001 16:26, you wrote:
> > Phil wrote:
> > > Hello,
>
> <cut>
>
> > No. I think extern "C" is the keyword here. So you have to use
> >
> > extern "C"{
> > #include <stdlib.h>
> > }
> >
> > Please try that. It´s not kdevelop who´s reporting the syntax error,
> > it´s gcc ;))
> >
> > Ralf
>
> Thanks Ralf and Thomas for the prompt replies. I remember seeing <cstdlib>
> used instead of <stdlib.h> sometime ago and thought it was something
> specific to the Microsoft compiler instead of a change in the C++ standard.
> <stdlib.h> used to work with a previous version of g++.

Dear C++ users,
according  to standard you should include <cstdlib>,
and it works fine with g++:

peter at urmele:~/Test$ cat T.C; g++ --version T.C
#include <cstdlib.h>

int main()
{
        return 0;
}

2.95.3

Best wishes,
Peter

Dr. Peter Schmitteckert / IT-Consulting
s-mail:	Fridolinstr. 19, 68753 Waghäusel
Web:	http://www.schmitteckert.com
e-mail:	peter at schmitteckert.com
Tel.:	07254/951896