Syntax errors in include files

Phil phil at spiderweb.com.au
Thu Feb 1 06:23:53 GMT 2001

On Tuesday 30 January 2001 16:26, you wrote:
> Phil wrote:
> > Hello,
<cut>

> No. I think extern "C" is the keyword here. So you have to use
>
> extern "C"{
> #include <stdlib.h>
> }
>
> Please try that. It´s not kdevelop who´s reporting the syntax error,
> it´s gcc ;))
>
> Ralf

Thanks Ralf and Thomas for the prompt replies. I remember seeing <cstdlib>
used instead of <stdlib.h> sometime ago and thought it was something specific
to the Microsoft compiler instead of a change in the C++ standard. <stdlib.h>
used to work with a previous version of g++.

By the way, I tried kdevelop 1.4 and have found it to be generally very good.
The "search for help on" function is a bit lacking and the "add member
variable to a class" function doesn't work. This may not be a big problem
because I notice that kdevelop does pickup manually added member variables.
"Add member functions" works perfectly.

--
Regards,
Phil