makefiles not created

Jeff Weeks jweeks at MailAndNews.com
Tue Dec 25 17:45:03 GMT 2001

Hey everybody,

I hope this isn't a FAQ... I couldn't find an answer on the 'net, but I did
find the same bug listed in the kdevelop bug-list (#34780).

Whenever I create a project, I can't compile it!  When create the project I
get the following error:

autoheader
./aclocal.m4:2181: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
acfunctions.m4:1108: AM_FUNC_OBSTACK is expanded from...
./aclocal.m4:2181: the top level
autoconf: tracing failed
gmake: *** [all] Error 1
*** failed ***

That may not be the exact error (I cut it from #34780) but it's very similar
to what I get.  It all stems from an undefined macro, so I'm thinking it
shouldn't be a difficult problem to fix... I'm assuming I just need to update
something relavtive to aclocal, but since I have no idea what that is, I
thought someone here might be able to shed some light on the subject before I
go ripping my distribution apart :)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff