KSimpleConfig not saving files in UTF-8 ? (was: Re: kdevelop sidebar bug)

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu Aug 30 09:16:10 BST 2001

On Mittwoch, 29. August 2001 16:30, you wrote:
> Peeter Russak wrote:
> > On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> > > This would be our beloved Hasso Tepper and his guys (see CC).
> >
> > Actually I'm one of them who translates KDevelop and I'm writing
> > because I just can't understand why those three strings doestn't
> > show up correctly when everything else is OK. Is there anyone who
> > sees umlaut characters correctly in this place?
>
> I can confirm this. Problem is in kdevelop.
>
> These strings are written to the .kdevprj file when creating project.
> At least at the moment kdevelop (2.2 branch) behaves this way. Is
> this correct at all? Is this .kdevprj file right place for translated
> strings? And after that parsing .kdevprj don't take into account that
> these strings are in UTF-8.
AAAAAH, now we get the idea. Ok, as a short replacement what we *can* do to
fix this is to query for these strings and use the translated version from
the kdevelop code. Means, group parsing -> look if it equals these strings ->
insert the group into the tree in that case by it's internal kdevelop given
name, otherwise it's a user-added group -> take the user's string. It seems
to be the fault of KSimpleConfig not saving files in utf-8. Can anybody check
kdelibs/kdecore for that ?

Thanks,

Ralf

> regards,

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org