gideon

Julian Rockey linux at jrockey.com
Thu Aug 30 01:31:44 BST 2001

> So, just install gideon, kbuildsycoca notices the difference by itself and
> updates ksycoca automatically. Then the services/plugins (especially the
> New Project one :)) are provided in the menu.
>
> Ralf

Thanks for everyone's help... I've now got Gideon compiled and installed
(apart from the phpsupport plugin.. compiles but won't install... makefile
problem?)

It seems quite a bit more useful with the plugins :-)

In fact, from a quick first look, it looks really very good.

I like the modular design, and is it just me, or is it very responsive
(compared to KDevelop)? No, it can't just be me, I never seem to be all that
responsive.

Anyhow thanks again for everyone's assistance and helpful explanations.

Just one last thing (for now..!) - is there a project progress/status web
page for Gideon? Complete "where we are now" and buzzwords like "design
concepts", "roadmap" and "vision"?

J.