gideon

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Mon Aug 27 10:54:57 BST 2001

Am Montag, 27. August 2001 07:12 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Julian,
>
> I have some additional entries in my copy of gideon ( New Project, Import
> Existing Directory ). I basically got Gideon from CVS using Cervisia and
> did an update to HEAD ( didn't do anything special to get it ). I also have
> lots of additional entries in the Customize Kdevelop dialog ( like Source
> Formatter, Tools Menu, Grep, Documentation Tree, Editor ).

Julian:

Your gideon version is correct, but you don't got the additonial menu entries
because Gideon couldn't found the plugins.  Please set the correct KDEDIRS
and restart "kbuildsycoca". This should work.

> What I think it might be happening is that maybe when you compiled Gideon
> something got broken in the mddle ( like a dependency or something ). In
> fact, the last 2 times that I got HEAD  ( like a week ago maybe, don't
> remember the exact dates ) I was having problem compiling the directory
> parts/phpsupport ( I believe Sandy is working heavily on it and I was
> having problems compiling ). I ended up taking out the entry phpsupport
> from the Makefile in the parts directory so that I was able to compile (
> sorry Sandy ).
Sorry, if it doesn't compile. :-( Normaly I don't commit sourcecodes that
doesn't compile. Could you please email the compile errror to me?

For the next time: "make -k" ignore errors during compilation, so you don't
have to remove the entry in the Makefiles.

Ciao!
Sandy

--
for sending encryted emails please use:
ftp://fara.cs.uni-potsdam.de/stud/smeier/public_key