More Gideon TODO (+Re: Getting involved HOWTO?)

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Sat Aug 25 10:25:41 BST 2001

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> I talked with Richard Moore on IRC a week ago or so about that. Cervisia was
> supposed to go to kdesdk, but Bernd apparently had no time to import it. What
> are we going to do with that ? I mean, we would add a dependency to kdesdk
> for *real* development which usually requires CVS (well, kdesdk is usually
> installed so it doesn't matter that much if that is a requirement for
> KDevelop or not). Anyway, Bernd how is the status ? I think cervisia should
> be imported soon so others can participate in the porting to Qt3 when it's
> time and also test the integration right away as much as possible.

If importing into KDE's repository implies porting it to Qt3, forget it.
Cervisia's users need a stable cvs frontend, not become testers for alpha
quality libraries, in particular because the majority of them
doesn't even use KDE. I've made the mistake of porting too early twice,
once with Cervisia, once with KDevelop, and I'll certainly not do it
again.

Bernd.