patch

Julian Rockey linux at jrockey.com
Fri Aug 24 22:31:54 BST 2001

This bug occurs when a project is opened containing a KHTML view (of the
documentation) that in the previous session a user has clicked on an in-page
anchor (  like /usr/share/doc/foo.html#position ). When restoring to this
kind of URL the openURL method is called twice (once when the CDocBrowser is
created, and again when the views are created). On the second call with the
identical URL KHTMLPart crashes. I don't know why. But a dirty fix is to
ensure openURL is never called if the current URL is identical to the one
being opened.

The side-effect of course is that if you now click on an in-page anchor then
scroll back up and click on it again nothing will happen. However as KDevelop
2.0 is being replaced by Gideon maybe this is acceptable to prevent the crash.

Possibly this is a bug in KHTML but I couldn't find one similar listed. If
anyone's interested the line it's crashing on is:

bool KHTMLPart::gotoAnchor( const QString &name )
{
THIS ONE>>>  HTMLCollectionImpl *anchors =
   new HTMLCollectionImpl( d->m_doc, HTMLCollectionImpl::DOC_ANCHORS);
  anchors->ref();