KDevelop on Linux (qt project) <=> VC++ on MS

Dung Patrick dkt at digitalme.com
Fri Aug 24 14:22:56 BST 2001

> On Freitag, 24. August 2001 13:48 Ralf Nolden wrote / Am
Freitag, 24. August
> 2001 13:48 schrieb Ralf Nolden:
> > On Freitag, 24. August 2001 13:27, you wrote:
> > > My project is cross platform (Linux+Windows). The
best IDE
> > > for each platform is KDevelop and MSVC. But do they
> > > integrate well? Our major platform is Linux+KDevelop
and
> > > port the source code to Windows. Can tmake help?
> >
> > Yes, tmake is currently favoured by most developers on
Windows. So what you
> > basically need to do is add a .pro file to your
project. Sorry that
> > kdevelop currently can't do that at the same time.
> >

> The thing I don't like is beeing necessarily bound to
MSVC.
> I would love the ability of creating crosscompiled code
on Linux under
> kdevelop for Winxx without ever having the need to start
MSVC.

> - Werner -

I agree with you that bound to MSVC is not good. I've asked
Trolltech to support cygwin. They said Qt3 may run on
cygwin but they cannot promise anything. If cygwin is
supported, I would see lots of KDE programs to compile on
Windows.

Anyway, I saw a new release of KDE on Cygwin recently. And
they have ported KDE 1.1.2 and QT 1.45.