index.docbook compile error

Julian Rockey linux at jrockey.com
Wed Aug 22 17:53:18 BST 2001

On a new project I just created, the standard index.docbook gives an error on
compile..

index.docbook:259: validity error: Element refnamediv content doesn't follow
the Dtd
Expecting (refdescriptor? , refname+ , refpurpose , refclass* , (remark |
link | olink | ulink)*), got (refname refpurpose indexterm indexterm )
</refnamediv>

The tag it complains about is..

<refnamediv>
<refname>XtUnmanageChildren
</refname>
<refpurpose>remove a list of children from a parent widget's managed list.
</refpurpose>
<indexterm
<indexterm
</refnamediv>

The <indexterm> tags don't appear to be defined in the DTD. If I comment them
out all's well. Am I picking up an old version of the DTD or something?