BUG/wishlist

Bud Millwood bud at millwood.org
Wed Aug 22 10:57:43 BST 2001

The debug (watch) tab in the classview is, IMHO, in the wrong tab control. I
think it would be much better in the Output view tab control.

My reasoning for this is that it is very annoying to have to constantly
scroll back and forth to see the variable name and then its value. If these
were in a long horizontal control (like output view) there's no need to
scroll.

Now, an argument against this is that you can quickly see many variables if
you use the classview control. But I personally only want one or a few select
variables when I'm debugging a specific problem, and I can add those in a
watch window. It's really of no use to me to be able to see all class
attributes without scrolling up or down (and let's not forget, those are
*without* their values because the window is too narrow).

I realize I can yank the watch tab off classview and put it into output view.
I think that's *great*, except:

1) Most people don't realize it's possible
2) The default location should be the most useable
3) The text for the tab doesn't appear if you have "icons only" for the
Classview (because it's still considered part of the classview control)
4) KDevelop doesn't remember it's placement between restarts.

- Bud

--
Bud Millwood
bud at millwood.org