more on glimpse problem...

Pascal Pascal_kdevelop at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 11:13:44 BST 2001

Hi Ralf,

Here is the fix for glimpse. There is a problem, however. Since the -X
(extract HTML titles) does not work anymore for glimpse, the titles displayed
in the search hits are simply the file names. I believe something in glimpse
is broken, or I must have missed some changes in command line args :-(

So this is probably only a temporary fix. I did therefore not change the
documentation file so far...

I attached the diff file. It is a bit messy though, some lines appear also I
did not change them - don't know why... First time I use cvs diff... Hope
this helps anyway.

Another problem: When building the index after kdevelop --setup, the child
process running glimpseindex is killed if one hits next, next (kdevelop is
terminated and restarted after the setup). It would be good to either show
the process' output or some wait/busy message. Like it is now, one has to
'guess' when indexing is finished.

Pascal