Kdevelop vs. KDE Studio

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu Aug 16 19:04:49 BST 2001

On Thursday, 16. August 2001 19:26, you wrote:
> At 18:59 8/16/2001 +0200, you wrote:
> >Well, that's what this list is for :) so you'd better come up with this
> >during a beta phase so this can be fixed what annoys you. Mind we're
> >developing kdevelop with kdevelop, but that doesn't imply you're always
> > using all features you've been working on 2 or 3 years ago :)
> >
> >Errm...preferrably your contribution is appreciated much more with a fix,
> > of course :)) Anyway, feel free, as I said, to contribute in whichever
> > way your time and energy allows it.
> >
> >Ralf
>
> Yep, I have in the past. :) Don't get me wrong, Ralf, I love kdevelop.
Hehe, no I didn't get you wrong - otherwise I wouldn't have used so many
smileys, or ? :)  It's just that, as you say, some things are annoying but
easy to fix even though the codebase is quite large. A quick fix usually
helps a lot, and I wouldn't hesitate to submit *any* fix to the list, wether
it's good or not is another matter. Some fixes have side-effects that need to
be evaluated, if the fix is usable in itself, the fix gets fixed for these
side-effects and then gets in. I don't see any problem with that.

like
> I said, I have used it since .54, have seen many bugs and irritants come
> and go. I remember when commenting/uncommenting was just a patch!
> And as for fixes are concerned.. Man, there's alot of code to grok there! I
> did , at one time, change code to allow more than 5 projects to be shown. I
> didn't submit that, cause it was such an easy 'fix'. ahhh open source is
> great, eh?
You bet :) Why didn't you submit it ? Feared it might have gotten rejected
because of wrong indentation or what ? *g*

Well, I would love to see that go into kdevelop if you could dig that out.

Ralf

> ljp
>

> -
> kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe
> »your-email-address«

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org