qextmdi is it pure Qt or KDE?

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 12:43:21 BST 2001

Werner Modenbach wrote:

> Hi together,
>
> I created a new project based on qextmdi which is located in the
> Qt-subdivision in the project wizard. When creating api-doc and giving the
> qextmdi-path together with I got a documentation showing that QExtMdiMainFrm
> is derived from Kde classes (i.e. KDockmainWindow).
>
> Does this mean I'm not able to export qextmdi projects under Qt to windows?
Yes, it's possible on Win32.
QextMDI compiled with KDE2 support on (KextMDI) is linked against the
kdelibs and uses KDockMainWindow and some other classes of them.
QextMDI compiled with KDE2 support off is bigger than KextMDI because it
contains a copy of the dockwidget classes.
This is possible since KDock* classes are cross-platform as well.

Ciao,
F at lk