KDE/KDevelop under Solaris

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 19:36:10 BST 2001

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Roland Krause wrote:
> Debugger support on Solaris is shaky, here it runs only once, then
> zombie processes prevent that the debugger can be started a second time
> and one has to restart KDevelop... (that is w/gdb-5.0).
Interesting I should see this today. I've just been looking at the
gdbcontroller.cpp code because of a problem with code copied from that for
jdbcontroller.cpp. Have a look at the enum lineStarts, and how it is used.

In the java source file Oliver has defined the (non-portable) constants in
hex, so it's easier to see what's going wrong:

enum lineStarts
    {
// Note that these values will differ according to the endianess of the architecture.
// A bad idea surely?
// On Intel:
//      START_Brea  = 0x61657242,
// On PowerPC:
        START_Brea  = 0x42726561,

    // Doing this copy should remove any alignment problems that
    // some systems have (eg Solaris).
	// - jbb?

	// I don't believe this will work on SPARC as the bytes are round the other way, it
	// certainly doesn't work on a PowerPC machine.
	//	- Richard Dale

//    int sw;
//    memcpy (&sw, buf, sizeof(int));

  ..then compare on the value of sw in a switch statement.

-- Richard