kdevelop setup

Charles Kibue ckibue at mailafrica.net
Sun Apr 22 19:19:11 BST 2001

On Sunday 22 April 2001 02:17, you wrote:
> I am new to programming and kdevelop both, so i hope these questions don't
> seem ridiculous.

Not at all.

> I have 3 choices and no matter which one i choose or which directory i
> point it to, it fails to find any new kde libs.   I choose cancel and then
> the setup tells me that it is on the last step of installation, which is

You actually need the kdelibs source code (try
http://ftp.kde.org/stable/2.1.1/distribution/tar/generic/src/) and locate the
kdelibs tar ball for download . Kdoc can then generate your kdelib docs using
the  this source code and thereafter it's indexed (depending on whether you
check "Index KDE Doc" too). Or downlaod the docs from
ftp://ftp.kde.com/pub/devel/kdeapidocs/kdeapidoc.tar.bz2

> My second question, is after i start up kdevelop, i try to go to the c/c++
> reference.  I get an error......"The C/C++ Reference is not installed.
> Please get the package "c_cpp_reference-1.0.tar.gz" from one of KDevelop's

Confirm where the C/C++ Ref installs into....mine in the
$KDEDIR/share/doc/HTML/default/kdevelop/reference works okay. Have a good day.
--
Regards,
Kibue Karugu.