KDE/KDevelop under Solaris
russell.thamm at dsto.defence.gov.au
Mon Apr 23 07:24:21 BST 2001
I just built and installed KDE 2.1.1 and KDevelop 1.4 under Solaris 2.6.
Although everything seemed to build and install OK, I am noticing lots of
1) Lots of display problems. In particular, the tooltips generally show up
as black boxes.
Sometimes they work properly but there is no rhyme or reason to it. This
to the problems that I noticed under kdevelop 1.0.
2) Apparent bug in KDevelop Tool Menu - KDevelop fails to put a space
and parameter (eg designer-client rather than designer -client)
3) Errors (apparently non-fatal) creating a new project:
a) make:*** [package-message] Error 1 (command make -f
- is this normal?
b) kdoc: Can't read library
- the gz file exists and was created by kdoc - so why this error?
4) I get a large number of "Unknown child process XXXXX died" messages on
is this normal?
I know that this is slightly off topic, but can anyone tell me how to run
KDE under Solaris?
1) I tried creating a .xinitrc with the command startkde.
2) Logged off and logged back on (selecting Open Windows instead of CDE)
3) I get a plain grey screen (nothing else)
Under CDE, I can start kdesktop, kicker and konquerer etc, so I think KDE is
I have installed kdesupport, kdelibs, kdebase, kdevelop and kdoc from the
on one of the KDE mirror sites. Do I need anything else?
to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org with the following body:
More information about the KDevelop