difference between compiling a distribution and compiling in kdevelop?

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Apr 22 17:06:15 BST 2001

Philipp Lensing wrote:

> Hi folks!
> I want to write a client/server application under kde2/qt2 which uses
> basic
> network-includes.. In this application I need to read out sockets with
> qsocketnotifier .. My problem is that the programm only run correct if I
>
> create a distribution of it and compile it there .. If KDevelop
> compiling it,
> the socket-read-function doesn´t work correct :( (doesn´t read the
> socket)..
Well, I would consider this *a lot better* than if it were the other way
around and you couldn't distribute your app :-)

> How can I tell KDevelop to use the same compiler-options as in the
> distribution-file?
Just disable the kdevelop settings for optimiziation and debugging.
Though the rest should work. I guess if it depends on the
compiler/linker flags, you generated your framework with 1.2 or
something and it doesn't have the /admin directory. Newer frameworks
cover this automatically.

> thx in advanced (and sorry for the bad english ;) )!
Ok with that, how about 100 lines of code for KDevelop/gideon ? LOL

Ralf

--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org