Debugging KDevelop

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Apr 9 10:06:19 BST 2001

On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Robert-Margaret Hunt wrote:

> I was trying to add something for Kdevelop 3. I modified
> something in Highlight.cpp in the KWrite_part and compiled it. It
> compiled with no errors but when I executed Kdevelop using
> "./kdevelop" it used the old libraries. To test my new code I had
> to do make install before it would use the modified libraries. Is
> there a way around this?

Including the path to the source directory in LD_LIBRARY_PATH
should help. It's not particularly elegant, of course.

Anyway, the kwrite_part sources are _very_ old. You better make
any changes directly to the sources in kdebase. The kwrite stuff
in kdevelop is only for prototyping some functionality without
being affected by features freezes in kdebase etc.

Bernd.