No subject

Jozef Kosoru jozef.kosoru at pobox.sk
Thu Apr 5 18:23:56 BST 2001

Hi!

I'm using KDevelop 1.4.
In the building process of KDE2 app there are some CXXFLAGS which are
always added to the g++ command line input no matter what is defined in
the project options dialog.
On my computer it is:
-O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith \
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wno-long-long -Wnon-virtual-dtor \
-fno-builtin -Wp

I think that it is very problematic to have such options always added
in CXXFLAGS. For example if you need to use exceptions or some
GNU compiler extension, options like -fno-exceptions or -pedantic
don't make any sense. Especialy -pedantic is very annoying, because
it produces some stupid warnings even from Qt or Glibc library headers.

Could you tell me some correct solution how to remove any options
from those CXXFLAGS?

Thank you!
 Jozef Kosoru <jozef.kosoru at pobox.sk>