how to tell configure to use old libqt? WORKAROUND

Maniac Maniac at alltel.net
Fri Sep 29 20:47:48 BST 2000

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> Maniac wrote:
> > ./configure --help is your friend    --with-qt-dir=/YOUR_PREFERRED_QTDIR
> > might work
>
> Thanks for this hint, but I previously tried this.
>
> The directory seems to be not the problem. The problem is the library
> name.
> "libqt.so" is just a link to libqt.so.2. In this directory also exists
> the files libqt.so.1 and libqt.so.1.44
>
> Any idea? (To change the link seems to be no good, because then the
> other applications don't find Qt2.)
>
> Sven
I don't know if this will help you or not but on my system I have the 1.44
libs in /usr/lib with libqt.so pointing to 1.44 libs and my QT2 dir as
/usr/lib/qt2 and have symlinks for libqt.so.2 pointing to the QT2 dir i.e
link libqt.so.2 points to /usr/lib/qt2/lib/libqt.so.2.2.0 and haven't noticed
any bad effects.

Just tried configuring KDevelop to make a kde1 type app.
I had to set --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib and --prefix=/usr along with
setting KDEDIR to /usr.

I hacked configure to set KDEDIR=/usr and it worked for configuring

So this is what I have done
In configure I added
KDEDIR=/usr
QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt
MOC=/usr/bin/moc

I am not sure you couldn't configure this differently but I can make a KDE 1
mini app and compile/link OK

I also have done the
KDEDIR=/usr
QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt
MOC=/usr/bin/moc
export KDEDIR QTDIR MOC
/usr/bin/kdevelop
as a shell script and it works for me.

--
Maniac at alltel.net  40.619302 N, 96.956676 W
A single tasking guy in multi tasking world.