1.3CVS

Dick Balaska dick at buckosoft.com
Tue Oct 31 18:24:26 GMT 2000

Mathieu Chouinard wrote:

> What I have done this mornig is
>  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde co -r KDEVELOP_1_0

If you do
$ nslookup anoncvs.kde.org
i'll bet it is an alias for kde.openrock.net or slave2.OpenROCK.net.
This machine no longer gets updated.  It is very stale.
If you are seeing anoncvs as an alias for cvs.guug.de then you have
the correct machine and are luckier than i am, because i can find no
name servers that know about it.  Dave Faure told me Thursday past that
the DNS had "just been updated".  I still don't see the change.

You can try either
$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.guug.de:/home/kde co -r KDEVELOP_1_0
or what i would do is
$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at finwal03.tu-graz.ac.at:/cvs co -r KDEVELOP_1_0
(i like finwal03, it is a speedy connection.  I haven't tried guug.de yet)

dik