Starting pointers to a new KDE2 application developer aka please help

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Oct 23 14:51:10 BST 2000

Tamas Nagy wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'd like to start to develop a new KDE2 application, and I had some trouble.
> I'm currently using SuSE 6.4 + KDE1 + KDevelop 1.1. I'd like to use
> QT>=2.2.0 with XML support. Currently, I failed to use the KDevelop KDE2
> templates with this QT library.
>
> What sw. configuration (Distribution, KDE version, KDevelop version, QT
> version) could you recommend to start QT 2.2-based application? Is this
> config available in RPMS, tar.gz, etc?
> Is there KDE2-package for kdevelop? How the situation change, when you
> release KDE2?
>
> Is there any FAQ I should read?

As written this afternoon already, take KDevelop 1.2 out of CVS via anon
CVS; use
cvs -z6 co -rKDEVELOP_1_0 kdevelop

The qt-2.2.0 templates are rewritten using QAction stuff.

Oh, and RTFM ;-) donĀ“t forget to set the path to Qt-2.2.0 dir in the
kdevelop setup.

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org